We are now offering free PPE to the community - including masks for adults and children.

Call (253) 777-6182 or click here for more information.

Community Data Trust

High-Value, Integrated Data

Health records chronicle our lives and act as a vital source of information for healthcare providers, but only account for 20% of the factors that determine our overall health. The other 80% is informed by the social determinants of health – the conditions in which people live, work and play.

The Community Data Trust gathers and analyzes stores of public and population health data in order to form a single source of truth about the health of individuals and our community. When we pull together population health and public health data we form a rich composite and gain greater understanding of community health.

Working with partners, we’re creating a secure, comprehensive, integrated, real-time data system that will help multiple organizations understand and collaborate on high-impact solutions.

Three nurses looking at a patient chart.

How It Works

Collective Collaboration

We bring together community leaders so we can work to create a unified data source with specific restrictions, permissions, and data access defined by members of the governance committee. Our combined efforts form an up-to-date, composite view of a client’s health record, as well as composite view of the community's health. Information permission and sharing may range anywhere from high-level information to granular datum.

A man and a woman at a busy conference table looking at a laptop and smiling.

Governance

Elevate Health is convening a group, consisting of regional partners and potential partners, to determine what data to collect and share, and, after forming a governance board, how to oversee and protect it. To date, partners include Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, Pierce County, Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Community Health Care, Pierce County Superior Court, and United Way of Pierce County. All of the behavioral healthcare providers we work with in our region are working with us to onboard, as well as several managed care organizations and payors.

Three women in a conference room with glass walls, drawing a diagram on the wall with markers.

Secure and Agile Technology

We are building a flexible, HIPAA- and HITRUST-compliant platform that will integrate and analyze different forms of data and allow multiple organizations to collaborate at the client level. It will allow the data trust to identify and nimbly address the health challenges of individual clients, gaps in care within a ZIP code or region and inform policymakers on where they need to focus resources for community health.

Two doctors looking at a tablet in what appears to be a laboratory setting.

Community Data Trust in Action

Read more stories about how the Community Data Trust serves our community.

Read Our Stories

Form a Single Source of Truth

  • Become a Health Ally

    Help advance positive change in our community as a Health Homes Care Coordinator or Pathways Community Health Worker.

    Join Us
  • Partner With Us

    We want to collaborate with your organization to support people in need, close gaps in services, and affect positive change in our community.

    Become a Partner
  • Support Our Work

    Build a better future for all Pierce County residents by contributing to the OnePierce Community Resiliency Fund.

    Learn More

Sign up to receive updates.