Elevate Health has been playing an active role in supporting our community, partners, and providers during the challenging COVID-19 health crisis. We would like our team to remain healthy so we are taking precautions to support our team, their families, and the community.
Effective, Thursday, March 12, 2020, we officially instituted a telecommuting schedule for all Elevate Health and OnePierce team members, as well as on-site contractors. The following requirements are now instituted until further notice:
- All Elevate Health staff will be working from home with regular check-ins and virtual availability via software.
- Our IT team is available to support remote employees and partners as the need arises.
- All of our events and meetings will be made virtual, canceled, or rescheduled.
- All staff will cease in-person visits to partner organizations and hold them virtually or reschedule to a later date.
- All staff will participate remotely in any external event to help reduce risk to their personal health.
- Our Care Continuum Network will continue coordination of referrals and will continue communication with care coordination partners using the Care Continnum Network COVID-19 Community Visit Guidelines we’ve provided.
We understand that some of our staff are parents affected by the closure of K-12 schools across the state. We are coordinating directly with those staff to ensure their children receive care they need during the closure and so that staff can continue to perform their work functions. We will continue to evaluate our official return to the office based on the status of COVID-19.
Thank you for everyone’s incredible work at Elevate Health and OnePierce and for guiding and supporting our community and partners as we journey, together, toward health! Please feel free to reach out with any questions or opportunities for us to be supportive.
Alisha Fehrenbacher, FACHE
Chief Executive Officer